Swamiji established Geeta Parivar in Sangamner (Dist. Ahmednagar), Maharashtrain 1986. Geeta Parivar has set up ‘Bal Sanskara Kendra’ (Cultural Centre for children) and is primarily involved in organizing ‘Bal SanskaraShibir’ (Workshops for imbibing Indian culture among children).
Past 30 years this work is active and has now spread to several other states in India. One of the important work undertaken here is – training volunteers who are willing to work in the area of conditioning children according to Indian culture.
Swamiji offered a five-point program for the volunteers to carry out in the society.
- Bhagwad Bhakti (Devotion to God): Building a personality into a cultured and morally perfect individual can take place only through the medium of devotion to God.
- Bhagwad Geeta: Bhagwad Geeta is essential for provoking noble thoughts in one’s mind.
- Bharatmata (The Motherland): It is the duty of every individual to love and serve one’s motherland.
- Scientific Attitude: One should always have an attitude that coordinates science/technology and religion.
- Swami Vivekananda: Swami Vivekananda should be an ideal one should emulate in one’s life.
On the basis of this five-point program, Geeta Parivar has been working for past 30 years in various cities, towns and villages and organizing the following:
a. Bal Sanskar Shibir (Workshops for children)
b. Karyakarta Swadhyay Shibir (Workshops for volunteers)
c. Bal Sanskar Varga (Courses for children)
- To encourage students to study Sanskrit and our own traditional culture.
- To organize SanskarShibirs (workshops).
- To run Sanskar Vargas (classes and courses) in as many places as possible.
- To produce literature and audio/video material useful for this mission.
- To convince children of the importance and significance of Indian culture and to make them aware of dangerous and bad effects of lifestyles emanating from western culture.
- To honor persons working selflessly in this field with Swami Vivekananda Award.